How can I get a feature added
There are several ways to influence the development of pfSense.
- Write the functionality and submit a merge request on github. Be sure to submit a CLA or ICLA first.
- Fund the development. Contact pfSense Professional Services.
- Start a bounty on the forum.
- Support customers may submit tickets with feature requests. Though we cannot promise any specific request will be fulfilled, requests from customers receive more attention from the developers.
- Submit a feature request at https://redmine.pfsense.org. The bulk of the work on the project is from people on our payroll, and as such we largely have to focus on things people are willing to pay for. Feature requests without any funding aren't likely to get attention for that reason, but we do what we can for those that would provide benefit for many users. Requests that require considerable work cannot be accomplished without funding.