There are several ways to influence the development of pfSense.
- Write the functionality you are looking for and submit a merge request on github (contact firstname.lastname@example.org for info).
- If you are willing to fund the development, contact pfSense's commercial arm, BSD Perimeter.
- Start a bounty on the forum.
- If you are a commercial support subscriber, submit a ticket with your feature request. Though we cannot promise any specific request will be fulfilled unless you're willing to use your purchased hours to accomplish it, requests from customers receive much more attention from the developers.
- Submit a feature request at http://redmine.pfsense.org. The bulk of the work on the project is from people on our payroll, and as such we largely have to focus on things people are willing to pay for. Feature requests without any funding aren't likely to get attention for that reason, but we do what we can for those that would provide benefit for many users. Requests that require considerable work cannot be accomplished without funding.